Big Devil - Guacomole
A few weeks ago I found at my doorstep a care package from Pollen Ranch Spices. I've been playing around with some of their spice mixes but one particular blend caught my taste-buds. Pollen Ranch uses in their spice blends, fennel pollen.
Intrigued with these descriptions I started off with a pinch over a few items to get a taste for what was in store. The fennel pollen is sweet with a heady aroma that is stronger and yet more delicate than fennel seed.
"The Big Devil" spice mix is something that I started playing with because I love spicy foods. What astounding dish did I make? Guacamole of course. I thought that the clean taste of fresh ingredients, along with the sweet spicy "Big Devil" would be an awesome mix. Turns out I was right.
What's in this stuff?
The Big Devil Spice Mix contains: Fennel Pollen, Ground Red Pepper Seed, Ground Habanero, Ground Mustard Seed, 4 Pepper Mix, Paprika, Ginger, Cayenne, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Fleur de Sel, Curry, Cilantro
Give this stuff a try and if you're really brave add a pinch or two more to really boost this in orbit. Big Devil Guacomole (Featuring Pollen Ranch's Big Devil Spice Blend)
Author: Chef Felisha
- 1 teaspoon Pollen Ranch Spices' "Big Devil" spice blend
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 3 medium ripe avocados
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of scallion tops (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons of red bell pepper (minced)
- Cut avocados in half. Remove seed. Scoop out avacado from the peel, put in a mixing bowl
- Using a fork, mash the avocado.
- Add the chopped scallion, bell pepper, lemon, salt and spice mix and mash some more.
- Adjust for taste
- Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole to prevent oxidation from the air reaching it. Refrigerate until ready.
- Serve and enjoy