Veal Bolognese Sauce with Pasta
How about a traditional homemade Veal Bolognese Sauce over Pasta with Fennel Pollen to please the palate.
Author: Pollen Ranch Family
- 2 large onions, peeled
- 3 carrots, scraped
- 1 bulb fennel, core trimmed out and fronds removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Pollen Ranch Fennel Pollen
- 1 stick (1/4 lb.) unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 lb. ground veal
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup shopped canned tomatoes in puree
- 1 lb. imported pasta
- Parmigiano-Reggiano for grating
- Finely mince onion, carrots, and fennel. This may be done by hand or in separate batches in the food processor.
- Heat the olive oil and 4 tablespoons of butter in a heavy bottomed pot.
- Add the minced vegetables and sauté over low heat, stirring occasionally, until they are very soft and have almost melted into the puree. This can take about 30 minutes and requires patience. The vegetables must be soft before proceeding with the recipe; be careful not to burn or overcook.
- Add the fennel pollen and salt; sauté for 2 to 3 minutes and then add the meat.
- Raise the heat and continue to stir until the meat is no longer pink.
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- Serve Veal Bolognese Sauce over pasta.