Roasted Rack of Pork
This is the dish that is well worth the wait. This roasted rack of pork combines the earthy flavors of the pork with the savory intensity of the fennel pollen. From the first taste to the last bite, this dish is sure to satisfy your palate and your hunger.
Author : Kevin Fraser
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 60 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour 20 Minutes
Serves: 6 - 8
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon wild Fennel Pollen
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 racks of pork, each with 6 to 7 ribs (about 5 to 6 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons red currant jelly, melted
- For the pork, combine the olive oil, garlic, Pollen Ranch Fennel Pollen, rosemary, pepper and salt in a bowl and mix well. Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pour the wine into a shallow roasting pan. Rub the pork with the olive oil mixture. Place the pork standing with the bones entwined on a rack in the roasting pan. Roast at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Baste with the jelly. Roast for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or to 165 degrees on a meat thermometer.