Big Devil - GuacomoleWritten by Pollen Ranch
A few weeks ago I found at my doorstep a care package from Pollen Ranch Spices. Pollenranch.com
I've been playing around with some of their spice mixes but one particular blend caught my taste-buds. Pollen Ranch uses in their spice blends, fennel pollen.
Intrigued with these descriptions I started off with a pinch over a few items to get a taste for what was in store. The fennel pollen is sweet with a heady aroma that is stronger and yet more delicate than fennel seed.
"The Big Devil" spice mix is something that I started playing with because I love spicy foods. What astounding dish did I make? Guacamole of course.
I thought that the clean taste of fresh ingredients, along with the sweet spicy "Big Devil" would be an awesome mix. Turns out I was right.
What's in this stuff?
The Big Devil Spice Mix contains: Fennel Pollen, Ground Red Pepper Seed, Ground Habanero, Ground Mustard Seed, 4 Pepper Mix, Paprika, Ginger, Cayenne, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Fleur de Sel, Curry, Cilantro
Give this stuff a try and if you're really brave add a pinch or two more to really boost this in orbit.
Big Devil Guacomole (Featuring Pollen Ranch's Big Devil Spice Blend)
Author: Chef Felisha
- 1 teaspoon Pollen Ranch Spices' "Big Devil" spice blend
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 3 medium ripe avocados
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of scallion tops (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons of red bell pepper (minced)
- Cut avocados in half. Remove seed. Scoop out avacado from the peel, put in a mixing bowl
- Using a fork, mash the avocado.
- Add the chopped scallion, bell pepper, lemon, salt and spice mix and mash some more.
- Adjust for taste
- Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole to prevent oxidation from the air reaching it. Refrigerate until ready
Serve and enjoy
This is amazing on game night.