Spicy Italian SausageWritten by Pollen Ranch
I have made this personally and I can attest to its amazing flavors. Even sold this at the local Visalia Farmers Market in the morning mixed with eggs and salsa in a warm tortilla and ran out every Saturday.
Spicy Italian Sausage
Servings 112 - 1 oz patties or 28 links
- 5-7 lbs. Ground Pork (or preferred meat or poultry)
- 1 Package Pollen Ranch Italian Sausage Spice
- ¼- ½ Cup Water (Optionally - Olive Oil, Wine and Smoke flavor)
- Casings for 15-28 links (each lb. of meat=3-4 links)
- If you ground it yourself make sure to follow the manufacturers guidlines.
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients in a large bowl. The mix should feel moist and hold together.
- Stuff mix into casings and twist and tie ends like you would a balloon. You can also smashed into patties and freeze for later.
- These will last for at least 6 weeks in a freezer if sealed good in a zip-lock bag.
I usually put roughly half of the sausage in a freezer bag with no casings and just in ground form. This makes for a great addition to spaghetti, breakfast burrittos and sausage with eggs.
I love adding the smoke flavoring to the pork as I put it through the grinder.