Lemon Goat Cheese Caprese with Fennel Pollen
The mini lemon goat cheese caprese was made as an ode to the passing summer season. The mini caprese is a nice way to use some of the beautiful tomatoes at the peak of their sweetness. The fresh basil and the lemon Montchevre goat cheese rolled in Pollen Ranch fennel pollen combine to make a near perfect flavor profile. Top these cuties off with a drizzle of Chile Olive Oil to really amplify the flavors and you’ve got yourself a simple yet elegant snack that anyone can enjoy! We also recommend serving them at upcoming holiday parties for a quick and beautiful presentation of finger foods that your guests will love!
Author: Chef Alex Iverson
Prep time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
- 3 fresh campari tomatoes
- 1½ oz Montchevre Lemon Goat Cheese
- 3 leaves fresh Basil
- 1 tbs fennel pollen
- 1 tsp fennel pollen fleur de sel
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Cut tomatoes in half.
- Separate goat cheese into ½ oz portions and roll in fennel pollen.
- Assemble tomatoes with basil and rolled goat cheese.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle fleur de sel on top.
Original recipe: http://thehungrygoddess.com/2012/12/lemon-goat-cheese-caprese-with-fennel-pollen/