Tuscan Tuna Salad
Yum! Tuscan tuna salad with a twist of authenticity. Nothing truly says Tuscan better than fennel, fennel pollen, fennel bulb or the fennel fronds. This is an easy recipe that is wonderful any time of the day and we highly recommend it.
Author: Someone in Tuscany
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 12 Minutes
Inactive time: 5 Minutes
Total time: 22 Minutes
- 1/2 pound Yellow fin tuna
- 2/3 pound Albacore tuna
- 1/2 small red onion, very finely diced
- 1 tbsp. wild Fennel Pollen
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Steam or poach the Yellow fin and Albacore Tuna for 12 to 15 minutes or until it is cooked all the way through.
- Cool tuna and flake into small pieces. Combine the flaked tuna with the red onion, fennel pollen, garlic, kalamata olives, capers, basil and parsley. Toss these ingredients until they are well combined.
- Add the mayonnaise, olive oil and balsamic vinegar and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.