Quick & Easy Baked Eggs with Tomato Salad & Goat Cheese
A very simple, delicious and quick recipe to make yourself some baked eggs with tomato salad and goat cheese. Add just a little fennel pollen or Zen-Sational to make these old delights something fresh and new.
Author: Pollen Ranch
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 5-7 Minutes
Total Time: 12 Minutes
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or finely minced
- ½ lb. cherry tomatoes (about 16) cut in half
- 1 ½ tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Dash of salt
- 2 tsp. Fennel Pollen or Zen-Sational
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- 4 large eggs
- 1 oz. goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400. Mix oil and garlic in a small bowl; set aside.
- Toss tomatoes with 1 tsp. of the garlic-oil mixture, vinegar, and ½ - 1 tsp. Zen-Sational or Fennel Pollen to taste.
- Using a 2 ½ inch cookie cutter (or cup approx. the same size), cut a hole in the center of each bread slice. Reserve cutouts. Arrange bread slices and cutouts on a baking sheet brushed with olive oil. Bake for about 5 minutes. Transfer bread and cutouts to an oiled frying pan, flip each piece over, then drop one egg into each hole. Sprinkle eggs with remaining Zen-Sational or Fennel Pollen and prepare eggs as you like them, or bake 5-7 minutes until eggs are set.
- Drizzle remaining garlic oil over eggs. Place on plates with cutouts and tomato salad. Crumble goat cheese over salad and serve.
10 g fat
3 sat fat
217 mg cho
12 g protein
22 g carbohydrates
317 mg sodium