Pollen Ranch Carrot Cake
Classic carrot cake is always a delight. This is not your mothers traditional carrot cake though. It has been spiced up with "a sprinkle from the wings of angels" using Pollen Ranch's seasonings. While all the original flavors and textures are still there, you will find a new hidden one that brings delight to the taste buds.
2 layered cakes (8” x 12 baking pans)
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 60 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
By: Pollen Ranch
*High Altitude – decrease baking soda to 1 tsp. and add 2 tbsp. flour. Bake at 340.
Pre-heat oven to 350.
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Pollen Ranch Fennel Pollen or 1 1/2 tbsp. Divine Dessert and decrease vanilla extract to 1 tsp.
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour / or 1 cup white and 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 – 8 oz. can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven; grease and flour 2 – 8” x 12” pans.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt and spices. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, buttermilk, oil, sugar and vanilla. Mix well. Add flour mixture and mix well.
- In a medium bowl combine carrots, coconut, walnuts, pineapple and raisins.
- Blend carrot mixture into batter using a large wooden spoon or heavy wire whisk until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour into prepared pans and bake for 1 hour. Note: If cake has browned in ½ hour, cover top with foil and continue baking. Check with a toothpick.
- Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before serving or icing with butter-cream or cream cheese frosting.